Waiting for warm weather to smoke cigars and drink Frapovinos at Quattro Goombas Winery, also drink beer at its Brewery
- Need to go more often to Big Mooks for great barbeque. Located by WolfTrap\Calvin Run Mill
- In 2016 I took a trip to Estelí Nicaragua for the Drew Estate Cigar Safari. Had a great time with Food Dink and Lots a smokes. I learned so much about the tobacco process and the people who do all the hard work. Thank you Cigar Palace for the invite. Maybe a trip to the Dominican Republic coming soon
- Christopher is now in 8th grade. He built his ultimate gaming machine on his own, buying all the parts. It has it all, except for MS Office, so much for school work. His outside exercise consisted of me driving him to a regional park so he could fly his drone
- In April 2016 we had a nice visit from some west coast relatives (Auntie Karen,Uncle Bob, Nadine, Auntie Len Len and Uncle Donald). In Aug 2018 we had a return visit from my Auntie Len Len and Uncle Donald with Auntie Lucky and in Oct, a quick visit from My Uncle Donald and Auntie Joan.
- In 2016 I took a trip to Sunny California with Christopher.We hit Universal Studios Disneyland California Adventures, Seaworld and Zoofari. Christopher got a chance to meet some of my Aunts and Uncles and had a blast with my cousin Nadine and Heather. Also my old college buddy Steve flew in from San Fran to meet us in San Diego.
- In 2011, Christopher and I went to FL to hit Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Island of Adventures, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Animal Kingdom . In Oct 2018 Christopher made a return visit with his friend Finn.
- My Dad had a big scare in Jan 2015 right after Christmas which sent him into dialysis.
In 2016 we had a couple of ER visits relating to his dialysis treatments and then another big scare right after Thanksgiving with a staph infection along with UTI which sent him back to the ICU. After 3 weeks at in the hospital, he was sent to a rehabilitation center for 7 weeks. He finally came back home in Mid Feb(2017). In April 2018 he was back in the hospital for an infection which lead to another month back in the rehabilitation facility. Afterward, he added hyperbaric chamber treatments to his dialysis routine. In October 2018 he underwent gastrocnemius muscle flap (muscle graft and skin graft) surgery at VHC to prevent infection to his war wound followed up with a month stay at a rehabilitation hospital. 2019 started with another visit to the ER and another stay at a rehabilitation hospital when he fell and hurt his knee.
In 2017, my Mom was also not doing well, a double bypass and a heart valve replacement to start the year. She was sent to the same rehabilitation center as my dad but was not monitored well and the facility let her Coumadin INR level get to 9.9 which was critical and sent her back to the hospital. She was there for 6 days and then sent home because the rehabilitation facility was put on lock down for a respiratory virus. She is now doing fine and hitting the casinos and taking care of my dad 24-7.
I had 3 stents put in my widow maker on Dec 29, 2016, just so I could join all the fun and missed 4 weeks of bowling. I continued to help out with my parents even though I did not get to take Cardio Rehab until March 2017 but then 5 weeks into my sessions it was discovered that I had a torn meniscus in my left knee which continued to get worse. I did not have arthroscopic surgery aproved until July so I started physical therapy in Aug. I managed to finish physical therapy in Sept but messed up my knee trying to make my bowling comeback too soon and had to restart physical therapy in Oct 2017 after getting through fical year end at work. I finally got back to bowling in Nov after missing the first 11 weeks. I had a 279 which made me very happy but I had to stop in Jan 2018 to have my gallbladder removed. I am now finally bowling once again and have had a full year without any health issues but also very little time for golf
Christopher broke his wrist in Feb 2018 taking a short cut jumping over a water way channel which got him out of dance classes in PE at school. He was happy about that, but no video gaming
- Too many changes at work (Loss of telework, total Department reorg)
- Christopher getting through Middle School
- Retirement in 2019 ???
| 1998-2003 in Review |
| 2004-2008 in Review
| 2009-2013 in Review
| 2014-2018 in Review |